Managing many social media sites can be a bit challenging for the non-profit that has little time and/or resources. Many social media sites, including Facebook, recognize this fact. They also know that social media is increasingly being used for fundraising.
To make managing multiple sites easier, Facebook allows you to post your social media activities on Twitter by posting tweets directly from your Facebook page (and visa versa).
How to link your Twitter and Facebook profiles
After you log into your Facebook account, follow these steps:
1. Search for “Twitter” in Facebook’s search field:
2. Click the “Allow” button in the “Allow Application” window:
3. After being prompted to log-in to Twitter, you will come to this page:
4. Anything you type in the “What are you doing?” field will be instantly posted to Twitter:
5. If you want your Facebook status to be updated with every post you make from Twitter, click the following (see warning below):
Warning: Posting every tweet to your status can be annoying to your Facebook friends (I learned the hard way ). Consider how often you use Twitter before selecting this option.
Have other tips or best practices?John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported.