But sometimes it’s not easy to stay inspired – especially because you’re a human being with good days and bad days!
Reinspire your sense of mission by participating in the Heart & Soul grant
But, more important than the money is the process for applying, which is unlike any other grant program!
How to apply for a Heart & Soul grants
All you have to do is submit a 4- to 8-line poem expressing the heart of your mission at www.communitytech.net (organizations must be U.S.-based 501 c3s).
The intent behind submitting a poem is for you to refresh, nurture and reawaken your sense of mission!
The Grant Application opens today and closes at noon CST on Jan. 7, 2013.
The Heart and Soul grant will provide one eligible nonprofit organization to receive the main award:
- A $10,000 cash and
- A professionally written and recorded song by the Grammy Award-winning group, The Original Blind Boys of Alabama.
Both the song and the accompanying $10,000 grant will help the selected nonprofit to better accomplish their unique mission in their community.
If you have questions about the grant, please see the FAQ page on the Heart & Soul site.
Additional 2012/2013 Heart & Soul Grants
Additional 2012/2013 Heart & Soul Grants include:
- $10,000 HHS Grant — available to an Austin, TX-area nonprofit specializing in the provision of At Risk Children and Families — a gift from the Cipione Family Foundation of Austin, TX
- Two $5,000 Grant Awards to 2 US Nonprofits
- Five $1,000 Grant Awards to Community TechKnowledge, Inc. customer organizations attending the 2013 Outcomes Immersion Certification Training
- $20,000 in matching cash grants to nonprofits for CTK software purchases
- Three autographed guitars: one by The Original Blind Boys of Alabama, one by Los Lonely Boys, and one by Sunny Shipley
The CTK Foundation was established by Community TechKnowledge, Inc., to recognize and celebrate the work nonprofits do and seek to promote the use of technology in managing the accomplishment of their mission.
For regular updates or questions about the Heart & Soul grant submissions and awards, check out the CTK Facebook Page.John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then connect up: Contact John by email, see his profile page, visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.