I am dedicated to supporting and educating nonprofits and the progressive social change sector about evolving technologies that cultivate and engage communities. My passion is in connecting nonprofits with new media technologies, watching the field of nptech evolve, and having conversations about where we can go next while still getting everyone on board with what we have already.
Much of my work in the US was based out of Portland, OR. I'm currently located in London, UK, and finding it a great opportunity to continue to engage with US organizations as well as to help social change projects and nonprofits expand their reach globally. The environment for nonprofit organizations to jump in with new communications technologies is rapidly changing in a positive and exciting way. I'm happy to speak at conferences, workshops, and training days in the US and UK. I'm a member of and have served in different capacities for NTEN (as a local organizer in Portland, OR, and an ongoing volunteer) and NetSquared (where I'm currently the Global Community Builder and the organizer of London Net Tuesday).
- How to build a sustainable community
- Marshall Kirkpatrick on the Real Time Web Report
- 5 lessons from a crowdsourced birthday party
- Tips on fundraising with social media
- TweetsGiving: Ways to show your gratitude
- MySpace abandons Causes — what does it mean?
- Social Media Resource Library: New from Idealware
- 8 Twitter Lists nonprofits should create
- Highlights from new report on online campaigns
- Louder: A collaborative campaigning platform
- UniversalGiving: Tailoring an impact just for you
- 5 steps to a successful social media strategy
- Online community building: Gardening vs. landscaping
- Empowering youth with social media
- Using Twitter for a global conversation
- Social by Social: Handbook launched!
- Creating a compendium of Competitions for Change
- Tweetcamp: Online network moves to offline community
- YouTube calls for video volunteers to help nonprofits
- A public RSS reader for you!
- Join the conversation 4Change!
- License your photos and more on Facebook
- Change.org adds Jobs for Change
- Tools galore at Women Who Tech Telesummit
- Mapping your organization’s social media strategy