Debra works with nonprofits and businesses to create engagement strategies that move people to action. She works with organizations to develop and implement social media strategies that meet their organizational and programmatic goals.
Debra Askanase offers strategic consulting to businesses and nonprofit organizations. Debra worked for 20 years in nonprofit organizations in many positions, among them executive director, program director, fundraiser and community organizer. She holds a B.A. from Emory University and an M.B.A. in International Business from Bar Ilan University. Her professional blog, communityorganizer20.com, offers advice, strategies and opinions about using social media in the nonprofit sector. Debra can be often be found chatting away on Twitter at @askdebra.
Debra is passionate about working with nonprofit organizations to create engagement strategies that move people to action. As a former community organizer, she believes that the best online strategies reflect community organizing principles: Be where your stakeholders hang out, nurture leaders, be transparent and inclusive, create integrated campaigns with your stakeholders not for them, and foster community. Debra has lived in the US, Nicaragua, Vienna and most recently, Israel.
Email Debra at email@example.com
- How to take engagement to the next level
- How does your nonprofit stack up on Facebook?
- Facebook Groups: An effective, overlooked tool
- How to encourage a knowledge sharing culture
- Sort out your team’s social media roles
- Curation tools to help you cope with info-overload
- Nonprofit storytelling tips from the pros
- Causes reinvents itself as a campaign center
- The secret sauce to creating a social media strategy
- Online friends are the new news authorities
- Facebook Timeline apps: A new way to engage
- Should nonprofits use video for their annual reports?
- How Google+ Ripples can move supporters to action
- The power of dedicated thanks & gratitude
- First impressions of Google+ Pages for nonprofits
- How nonprofits should be using data
- Get deep into engagement with the new Facebook Insights
- Inside the upgrades to Facebook & Delicious
- 12 ways to develop a loyal community for your blog
- How nonprofits should use infographics
- What social fundraising means for your nonprofit
- Design your social media activities to create engagement
- Tricks to ramp up your nonprofit’s Facebook Page
- Nonprofits: Are your Facebook fans engaged?
- How Google’s +1 button will change search
- Nonprofit strategies for getting more out of LinkedIn
- Highlights of LinkedIn’s new program for nonprofits
- How your nonprofit can make the most of Facebook groups
- How to create love online: To Mama with Love