Here are the resources included in the “Master Class: 6 steps to create a powerhouse social strategy for your nonprofit,” the webinar given by JD Lasica on CharityHowTo on June 23, 2011.
Contact us for information about holding a Social Media Strategy bootcamp for your organization.
We can’t cover all facets of using social media strategically in a 90-minute webinar, so here are resources to help you drill down in specific subject areas. Also, feel free to follow up with us if you have any questions!
• All the sites & resources mentioned in the above presentation are bookmarked on Diigo at: http://www.diigo.com/user/socialmediacamp/nola
7 handouts — be happy!
The following handouts are released under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial license — you’re free to republish, remix or redistribute them on your commercial or noncommercial site (but cannot charge for them). Please download and share these with your teams and colleagues!
Deeper dive: Monitoring
Monitoring the Social Web: a collection of resources on Socialbrite
- How to build & manage a monitoring dashboard
- 10 paid social media monitoring services for nonprofits
- 20 free, awesome social media monitoring tools
- Guide to monitoring social media conversations
- Top 10 social media dashboard tools
- Do you have a conversation strategy?
- Monitoring blog conversations
Deeper dive: Metrics
How to measure social media: a collection of resources on Socialbrite
- 14 free tools to measure your social influence
- How to measure your nonprofit’s social media success
- Getting started with social media metrics
- How to measure Facebook Page fan growth and engagement
- Actionable analytics for your social media efforts
- Klout: Measure your Twitter influence
- 3 killer tools to measure your Facebook clout
- How to use Facebook Insights
- 11 stats you need to measure on your Facebook Page
- 6 simple stats you need to measure on Twitter
- 9 critical stats to measure on your blog
- 7 tips for measuring your blog’s success
Deeper dive: Making media
Creating media: a collection of resources on Socialbrite
- 8 great examples of nonprofit storytelling
- A step-by-step guide to creating a media strategy
- What’s your video strategy to raise funds?
- A 13-point guide for creating media
- Guide to shooting better online video
- A quick guide to multimedia software
- Complete guide to creating a video project
- How nonprofits should be using visual storytelling
- Visual storytelling checklist
- 8 tips to help you shoot video like a pro
- Mash up a visual story for your nonprofit
- 6 tips on how to shoot photos like a pro
- 12 open source tools you should be using
Deeper dive: Mobile
- Mobile: How to set up an SMS campaign system
- A beginner’s guide to mobile fundraising
- How nonprofits can get started with mobile
- 7 ways for nonprofits to raise funds with mobile
- 10 mobile apps for social good
- Top 10 mobile apps for college students
- The role of mobile phones in citizen media
- A user’s guide to mobile activism (& handout)
- How mobile media can serve the public good
Deeper dive: Community
- How to build a sustainable community
- Using hashtags to enhance community14 free tools to measure your social influence
- Klout: Measure your Twitter influence
- Twitter tip: Choose whom you follow strategically
- 12 awesome platforms for social good download here (also at bit.ly/12socialhubs)
Deeper dive: More resources
- Social media glossary
- Directory of Nonprofits’ Social Media Policies
- Check out the resources in the Socialbrite Sharing Center
- An amazing collection of free tutorials about how to optimize Facebook, Twitter, your blogs and more.
- Directories of Free Photos, Free Music, Free Video that you can use for your organization’s blog, website, newsletters, reports and more.
- Free social media reports and whitepapers for nonprofits
- Go to techsoup.org/stock to get big discounts on software — only 501c3 nonprofits and public libraries are eligible.
- Google for nonprofits: a consolidated application process
- Google Apps for Nonprofits: communication, collaboration and publishing tools.
- 24 tools for fundraising with social media
- Behind the success of 10 top Causes
- How to make your website more accessible
- 10 tactics to be more efficient with social media
- 8 tips for raising funds online
- 15 social tools for local impact
- Web 2.0 productivity tools
- Social change organizations
- Gov. 2.0 resources
Additional readings & resources
- MobileActive.org is the definitive resource on mobile tech in social change
- Texting for Charitable Dollars: The Definitive Guide to Mobile Fundraising (MobileActive)
- Mobile Benchmarking Study – Mobile Advocacy and Fundraising Benchmarks
- TechSoup Global directory of social media resources
- Personal Democracy Forum’s Resources page
- Small Change: Why the revolution will not be tweeted: provocative but flawed article by Malcolm Gladwell (New Yorker)
Have a question? Contact Socialbrite!