Facebook is testing a new fundraising app that just might make giving as “social” as liking, commenting, and sharing.
Called “Fundraisers”, the app will include a set of fundraising features for charities and nonprofits:
- Share fundraising campaigns with Page followers
- Use photos and video to tell fundraising stories
- Track progress toward a campaign or project
- Update supporters when fundraising goals are achieved
- Customize donation amounts
- Get donations via credit card or PayPal
But this isn’t the first time Facebook has dabbled with fundraising features:
- In 2012 Facebook recommended a few third-party apps for fundraising.
- In 2013 Facebook tested a Donate Button that never really took off.
- In January of 2015, Facebook launched a Call-to-Action button for Pages that includes a“Donate” option.
- More recently Facebook has partnered with large charities on campaigns like fighting Ebola (below) and the Nepal earthquake.