Noland Hoshino, who created the LinkInLog from SMO Books, shares three ways you can use the new LinkedIn Company Pages to bring out the human side of your nonprofit. Recently, LinkedIn has made some changes that allow your nonprofit to have more of a presence on LinkedIn. In the video above, Noland talks about the ways nonprofits can optimize their Company Page and bring more attention to their cause.
For starters, if you don’t have a Company Page that represents your nonprofit, you should create one. One of the newer features that you can use your Company Page for is to send out a message to your followers as your nonprofit organization. Previously, you had to send the message out as an individual who worked at the nonprofit. This allows you to have more of an organizational voice on LinkedIn.
Another way to strengthen your brand and build awareness for your organization is by encouraging your staff, members and volunteers to add the “Volunteer and Causes” field to their profile. Anyone on LinkedIn who indicates that they are involved with your nonprofit will also appear on your Company Page, which creates a greater sense of community around your cause. And, don’t forget about linking up your other social media accounts with your Company Page. By attaching your Twitter feed to your Page, you are providing your followers and people searching on LinkedIn with more ways of keeping up with your nonprofit.
In addition to these tips, Noland recently published the LinkedIn Log, a pocket-size guide book to help organizations get more out of LinkedIn.
Here are some of the topics you’ll find covered inside the LinkedIn Log:
- An easy-to-follow guide to identify your LinkedIn goals
- A simple action plan for building and connecting with your network
- How to Optimize Your Professional Profile
- How to Personalize Your Introductions
- How to Utilize Your Network Connections
How are you using LinkedIn?
• Highlights of LinkedIn’s new program for nonprofits (Socialbrite)
• Nonprofit strategies for getting more out of LinkedIn (Socialbrite)
• 8 simple ways to optimize your LinkedIn profile (Socialbrite)
• Using Twitter & LinkedIn to promote your event (Socialbrite)
• How to use LinkedIn to promote your blog (Socialbrite)