Twitter Lists are guaranteed to be the next huge (and I mean huge!) game changer for Twitter.
When Twitter lists first came out, I thought: “OK, so users can now make lists of other users based on any criteria.” For example, a list of companies that are hiring, a list of Onion editorial staff or a list of food trucks in Los Angeles. Big deal, right?
Yes, a very big deal.
How Lists will completely change how we use Twitter
- Users can follow a list without having to follow all the users on that list.
- Third party applications will use lists in fun and interesting ways.
- Sites likeListorious will feature a variety of content based on Lists.
- Twitter Lists will give users additional ways to create value for their followers.
- Lists will add an additional social proof element to all Twitter users.
- Lists will change how we follow streams.
This short video covers how to use Lists and why
The short instructional video at top covers how to use Lists and why.
• 8 Twitter Lists nonprofits should create (Socialbrite)
• How non-profits can take advantage of Twitter Lists (Geekingforgood)
• Twitter Bugs and Brilliance (Scoble)
• 10 Ways To Use Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• How To Use Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• Beth Kanter’s Twitter Lists on Delicious
• Seesmic Desktop Adds Support for Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• Video: How to use Twitter Lists in Seesmic (Blip.tv)
• Top Twitter Lists (Vobios)John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported.