Applicant Manager Overview from WizeHive on Vimeo.
New software tool can help workflow for nonprofits, foundations & NGOs
Processing applications and proposals from prospective employees, contestants or grant-seekers can be a hassle for nonprofits, foundations, NGOs and small businesses. Your email in-box quickly becomes cluttered and it becomes a daunting task to separate the wheat from the chaff — making managing those boatloads of bits a major hassle.
A new app that just came across our desk looks like it goes a long way toward solving those problems. It’s called
“Applicant Manager is particularly suited to the needs of nonprofits, foundations and NGOs that process applications for scholarships, awards, contests, admissions and more,” says spokesperson Rebecca Reeve.
Above is a screencast explaining the software, and below are a few summary bullets:
• WizeHive’s Applicant Manager is a new product that simplifies the online submissions and evaluations process for foundations, non-profits and NGOs.
• Applicant Manager solves the laborious submission and review problem by bringing candidates, reviewers and stakeholders together in a collaborative Web platform.
• The software reduces the complexity of traditional applicant work flows such as managing faxes, emails and photocopies, by providing a secure online work place to review and rank submissions for organizations running scholarships, awards, contests, admissions and more.
• The Applicant Manager features powerful data mining and historical analysis, as well as an email-messaging tool to quickly update groups of users and schedule interviews.
• It’s available as a monthly service, starting at $75/month. It runs as SaaS: software as a service.
Early tryouts: Thumbs up
Early versions of Applicant Manager were used in 2009 by DreamIt Ventures and TechCrunch. DreamIt Founder David Bookspan said, “The first year we had hundreds of applications being reviewed by multiple people and collecting and collating the data and dealing with all of the associated e-mails was very difficult. The WizeHive Applicant Manager slashed our administrative time and helped us quickly narrow in on the best candidates.”
Heather Harde, CEO of TechCrunch said, “WizeHive really made a difference for us this year. Our ability to easily collect ratings, make notes, and work collaboratively was fantastic. It saved us a huge amount of time in reviewing and organization the applications.”
See the video on Vimeo. For more info, contact Rebecca Reeve.
Update: Rebecca adds: WizeHive has a separate product called Resume Manager that’s still in beta and has not been released. The product has overlapping features with Applicant Manager and helps organizations receive, rank and approve job applicants.JD Lasica, founder and former editor of Socialbrite, is co-founder of Cruiseable. Contact JD or follow him on Twitter or Google Plus.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
This looks like exactly what I've been looking for! I work for a small non-profit and manage our scholarships and awards program, and I've been looking for technological solutions to help make our work easier as our program continues to grow. This may be what I'm looking for! Thanks so much for posting about it.
That's what we like to hear, Andy, hope it helps!