Socialbrite, the learning hub & sharing community for nonprofits and social good organizations, is looking for a part-time Executive Editor.
This is a highly collaborative position that requires someone with serious editorial chops who is familiar with the nonprofit landscape and can hit the ground running.
At the outset, the hours will be sporadic and the compensation modest. Our intention is to gradually build up your hours and your compensation. Socialbrite accepts no advertising, so all revenues comes from consulting projects we perform for nonprofits and social enterprises. We are a small consultancy, not a nonprofit, and work exclusively with nonprofits, foundations and social change organizations. We do not have an editorial staff but instead rely on our team members’ contributions and unpaid outside freelance pieces.
In this position, you will:
- Plan the editorial calendar
- Work with outside contributors to whip their articles into shape to conform with our editorial guidelines
- Be responsible for upkeep of our evergreen resources, such as our Sharing Center
- Work with our team members to edit and code up their articles
- Work with strategic allies for content sharing
- Monitor metrics
- Exercise a high degree of independence and report in to founder J.D. Lasica
- Post updates to our Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Help drive conversations on the site
- Write occasional pieces relevant to our audience, as you have time.
We see this as a growth opportunity where you will benefit from being associated with one of the leading social media consultancies in the nonprofit sector. You’ll also be able to collaborate with some of the nation’s top social media experts. If you’re a recent college graduate, you’ll gain valuable real-world experience about social media. By enabling the Executive Editor to take on a significant editorial role, it will allow us to scale our consulting business and permit us to increase the stipend we’re able to pay you.
We work as a virtual team, so work can be done from anywhere with Internet access, and you set your own hours.
• solid editing and writing skills
• good editorial judgment
• comfortable with editing tutorials and guides
• ability to multitask – we’re seeking a self-starter who can work independently
• familiarity with effective use of Twitter and Facebook
• familiarity with WordPress and Google Docs
• willingness to collaborate with others on almost daily basis
• understanding of cutting edge technology and how it is driving change across the social change sector.
• ability to use image tools such as Photoshop.
On your application — please include:
• a resume or summary of qualifications
• a short email response indicating why you’re the best person for this position
• any writing or blogging samples
• how many hours a week you’re able to devote
• compensation requirements.
Send query to Socialbrite founder J.D. Lasica at [email protected]. Please include “Executive Editor” in the subject line.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.