Here are a few things I do that have helped me be more efficient (but still authentic) with my blogging:
- Dragon Dictation – I wrote this post in 10 minutes using Dragon Dictation by Nuance Communications (two minutes dictating and eight minutes editing the post in WordPress).
- Theme Calendar – I have a theme calendar in my head that looks like this:
- Monday – Strategy article at JohnHaydon.com (cross-posted to Socialbrite), video on Headway Videos.com
- Tuesday – Tactical article at NonprofitFacebookGuy.com
- Wednesday – Social fundraising article at Razoo, how-to article at JohnHaydon.com
- Thursday – Tactical article at NonprofitFacebookGuy.com
- Friday – Personal / thought piece at JohnHaydon.com
The last thing I’ll say about all this is that I’ve kept at it, every single day for over three years. I have no special talents, just skills I’ve acquired with hard work.
So if you’re amazed at how much I blog each week, don’t be. If I can do it, so can you.
What helps you write blog posts?
John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported.