Twitter Lists are guaranteed to be the next huge (and I mean huge!) game changer for Twitter.
When Twitter lists first came out, I thought: “OK, so users can now make lists of other users based on any criteria.” For example, a list of companies that are hiring, a list of Onion editorial staff or a list of food trucks in Los Angeles. Big deal, right?
Yes, a very big deal.
How Lists will completely change how we use Twitter
- Users can follow a list without having to follow all the users on that list.
- Third party applications will use lists in fun and interesting ways.
- Sites likeListorious will feature a variety of content based on Lists.
- Twitter Lists will give users additional ways to create value for their followers.
- Lists will add an additional social proof element to all Twitter users.
- Lists will change how we follow streams.
This short video covers how to use Lists and why
The short instructional video at top covers how to use Lists and why.
• 8 Twitter Lists nonprofits should create (Socialbrite)
• How non-profits can take advantage of Twitter Lists (Geekingforgood)
• Twitter Bugs and Brilliance (Scoble)
• 10 Ways To Use Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• How To Use Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• Seesmic Desktop Adds Support for Twitter Lists (Mashable)
• Video: How to use Twitter Lists in Seesmic (Blip.tv)
• Top Twitter Lists (Vobios)John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then connect up: Contact John by email, see his profile page, visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported.