But today, in the video above, I want to talk about measuring. Let’s take a look at the new Facebook Insights.
Always measure cause and effect. Discover what topics get people excited. Which fan acquisition strategies are working best? When fans click over to my site, how many of them end up donating? Facebook Insights is a compass that will tell you how far away you are from your destination, which way to turn and when you’ve arrived.
The video tutorial above covers all of the elements reported in Facebook’s new version of Insights. For more information and definitions read my post over at The Nonprofit Facebook Guy, and download Facebook’s PDF guide.
A few highlights
In this video I cover:
• how Insights tracks fans, reach and “talking about this,” a look at how people are reacting to your content
• how to dissect the numbers to look at demographics, where your readers are located, etc.
• which metrics matter most to your organization — Likes, weekly total reach, or something else?
• whether engaged users have interacted with your content, including its viral reach
• how your efforts are trending over time, including whether raw numbers are more important than content that resonates with smaller audiences.
Are you using the new Facebook Insights?John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then connect up: Contact John by email, see his profile page, visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported.