Target audience: Nonprofits, NGOs, cause organizations, businesses, brands, social media managers, Web publishers, individuals.
Last week Google released their business profile page, which includes many of the features that Google Plus profiles have. Creating a Google Plus page for your nonprofit or brand can increase the visibility of your organization.
Once you have a page, you will have a URL for it that you can include on all your other marketing collateral and in any communications your organization sends out. If you make the information on your Google Plus business profile available to everyone on the Web, then your page URL will also appear in Google searches, making it more likely that your organization will be discovered.
The video above walks you through the steps of creating a business page for your nonprofit. If you’re already using Google Plus, you can easily build a business page from within your existing profile. On the left-hand side of your profile page, under your avatar, there is a drop-down menu with the option to “manage your pages.” By selecting that option, you will get started in creating a new business page. Much like Facebook Pages, you can switch between two different identities on Google Plus — your personal profile page and the page for your nonprofit.
The video tutorial covers:
- How to choose the right category for your business (the category options are much more robust than they are on Facebook, so this is an important aspect of your profile)
- How to upload and feature multiple profile photos to represent your organization
- How to select the settings for who sees the information on your business page
- How to navigate within the Google Plus dashboard
- How to add visual extras to your business profile