Photo by Bryan Veloso
One critical feature of your nonprofit Facebook Page is giving your connections easy ways to donate to one of your causes.
It’s easy to post a link to your donation page in your status update, but it’s not a long-term solution. After all, status updates get buried within a day or two, maybe even hours if you have an active fan base.
There are at least three ways to link your Facebook Page to a fundraising application.
- Include a link within your info tab. Pro: Very easy. Con: No one visits info tabs.
- Use a Facebook fundraising app. Pro:Integrates with Facebook. Con: Running two donation platforms.
- Create a custom tab. Pro: Uses your existing donation platform. Con: Requires custom work. See the following.
Creating a custom donation tab: Easy and hard
- Easy – Use the Static FBML application with a linked image that points directly to your donation page. The image should include a call to action to donate and share the donation app.
- Hard – Create a sweet-looking tab by hiring a Facebook Page designer, like Inbound Zombie.
What else would work? Leave a comment below.
Cross-posted from JohnHaydon.com.John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then connect up: Contact John by email, see his profile page, visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported.