Leverage the power of #GivingTuesday to raise awareness & funds
Today charities, families, businesses and folks like you will come together to help create #GivingTuesday. This creates an opportunity to join a massive trending conversation on social media that will surely create more awareness for your cause.
Then use your existing social channels to tell your people about #GivingTuesday:
- Encourage your supporters to join the #GivingTuesday community.
- Email your people with sample tweets and Facebook updates they can use to talk about your cause. (Make sure you keep these short and sweet, and include the hashtag #GivingTuesday.)
- Tweet with the hashtag #GivingTuesday to drive people to your #GivingTuesday page.
- Create a few #GivingTuesday pictures you can post on your page with conditional sharing.
- Share these ideas with your sponsors and other local businesses.
Get more ideas on #GivingTuesday
John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then connect up: Contact John by email, see his profile page, visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported.