Sloane is a cause-based marketing consultant who works with nonprofits and social cause organizations.
Sloane works with cause organizations to try to make a difference in people's lives. She recently moved to New Orleans after a 3-month Kiva fellowship in the Philippines (June to September 2009). Prior to that she was director of business development with Causecast.org.
Sloane loves mentoring and connecting people. Some of her experiences include; being a swim instructor helping kids rehabilitate from serious accidents; she was the youth chair for the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force and helped organize the first-ever Pittsburgh AIDS Walk. She has walked abandoned dogs in shelters, given talks on water quality and led beach cleanups; exercised with under-privileged teenage girls and planted gardens in inner-city schools.
She plans to do much more.
- Report from Haiti: ‘There is positive happening here’
- Heading to Haiti for a first-hand look at life there now
- Support a new project: Help A Woman Out
- Enter your nonprofit video for a DoGooder award
- Baking cause into your company
- ezetop: Using mobile to send money abroad
- Top 10 influencers from Clinton Global Initiative
- Saving the world with apps & Twitter
- Mashable Social Good Summit: The day in quotes
- 4 steps to take part in TEDxChange Flickr campaign
- Pakistan flood relief: How you can help
- Enter to win the SOCAP10 Impact Challenge
- Reflections from 1st International CrisisCongress
- How to help out with the Gulf oil spill
- How to get involved and give back this summer
- Create a heartspace, help students in Tanzania
- The art of storytelling for social entrepreneurs
- 20 inspiring women to follow on Twitter
- DoSomething.org: How young people can take action
- ‘Philanthrocapitalism': Givers are more likely to change the world
- Ning, Davos and Haiti recovery projects
- Laura Tyson on closing the gender gap
- Reporting from the World Economic Forum
- Text a few dollars to support Haiti
- 16 big ideas to change the world: Vote now