Target audience: Nonprofits, cause organizations, foundations, NGOs, social enterprises, businesses, educators, anyone with a Facebook page.
Network for Good hosted a free webinar the other day where I presented 27 Ways to Increase Engagement on Your Facebook Page.
According to a recent survey by NTEN, 89 percent of nonprofits today use Facebook to expand awareness around their cause and to grow their fan base. One challenge that many nonprofits face is keeping fans interested and engaged after they like their page. (Remember, most people who Like your page never see it again — unless it turns up in their news feed.)
Above are the slides from the webinar. Some of the things you’ll learn:
- The three most important pillars of your content strategy
- Three shocking facts about every Facebook Page
- The best times during the day to post content
- Facebook’s EdgeRank algorithm defined and why you should care
- What types of content get more exposure in news feeds
- How to post links in a page story
- How to use photos to spark engagement
- How to use questions to spark conversations
- How to use closed and open questions to spark conversations
- And lots more
• 19 ways to engage your nonprofit’s Facebook fans (Socialbrite)John Haydon delivers social web strategy solutions for “the quick, the smart, and the slightly manic.” Curious? Then visit the John Haydon blog, follow him on Twitter or leave a comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported.