The Socialbrite team offers social media strategies and consulting services to nonprofits and social change organizations, including:
• Creating a Strategic Plan for your organization
• Creating a vibrant online community, including blogs, websites, Facebook, Twitter
• Fundraising using social networking
• Training and bootcamps in social media tools for executive team and staff
• Social media and social marketing campaigns
• Package of services to set up blogs, widgets, wikis, collaborative tools
• Effective use of video in the organization
Habitat for Humanity Twin Cities, Goodwill Industries of San Francisco, National Education Association Foundation, Service for Peace, Commonwealth Club of California, Blue Shield of California, Intel, Scholastic, DaleCarnegie.com, TechSoup Global, Knight Foundation, CTK Foundation, Free Speech TV, University of California Office of the President
One of the earliest social media strategists, JD is a consultant to mid-size and large nonprofits and companies. He is widely considered one of the world’s leading authorities on social media and the revolution in user-created media.
JD is the founder of Socialbrite.org, an "unagency" that offers social media solutions to large and mid-size nonprofits and public benefit organizations. He also runs Socialmedia.biz, named the No. 1 social media site in a list of the Top 100 social media websites.
He is the author of the following books:
• Darknet (Wiley & Sons), which coined the term “personal media revolution" and explores the emerging media landscape.
• Identity in the Age of Cloud Computing: The next-generation Internet’s impact on business, governance and social interaction (Aspen Institute, free download)
• Civic Engagement on the Move: How mobile media can serve the public good (Aspen Institute, free download)
• The Mobile Generation: Global Transformations at the Cellular Level (Aspen Institute, free download)
JD is a frequent speaker and panelist at technology and new media conferences.
San Francisco/Silicon Valley
“The Web is more a social creation than a technical one.”
— Sir Tim Berners-Lee
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."
— Mike Tyson
- SourceRise: Connecting nonprofits/NGOs to journalists
- 5 ways to turn a cold call into a warm call
- Twtrland: Find your nonprofit’s top influencers
- Calendar of nonprofit conferences: September 2013
- Content marketing: We’re all media publishers now
- Calendar of nonprofit conferences: June 2013
- Little Bird: New social tool helps identify potential supporters
- How should PTAs be using social media?
- Media innovations from Europe coming to Stanford
- Not too late to enter TechSoup’s Digital Storytelling Challenge
- Nonprofits, online giving & secrets from the Obama campaign
- Highlights of 2013 Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Calendar of nonprofit conferences: April 2013
- Have a great visual story? Enter the DoGooder Awards
- Nonprofit & social change calendar: March 2013
- Nonprofit & social change calendar: February 2013
- A messaging calendar is not a content calendar
- Calendar of 2013 nonprofit & social change conferences
- Win $2,500 in free consulting from Socialbrite!
- How to become part of the Revalue Economy
- 3 steps to add your nonprofit’s url to Pinterest
- Why you should add author tags to your nonprofit’s blog
- Highlights of Social Media for Nonprofits SF
- Nonprofit & social change calendar: October 2012
- Welcome to the new-look Socialbrite
- 7 top tools for content curation
- Should nonprofits bother with FeedBurner?
- Slap Cancer: 5 lessons from a successful cause campaign
- PlayTell: Video chat and storytelling that connects loved ones
- Exploring how to strengthen tools to engage citizens
- 10 top tools for cause campaigns
- How to use social media for students & schools
- Social media for small budgets
- A new player in the nonprofit donations space
- Nonprofit & social change calendar: May 2012
- PopVox: How to advocate your cause in Congress
- 10 secrets to video storytelling success
- GroupMe: Keep in touch with your team members
- Highlights from the Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Socialbrite strategists’ sessions at NTC