Here are some resources to accompany my talk at CompassPoint’s gathering Effective Social Media Strategy and Powerful Tactics for Networked Nonprofits in San Mateo on Oct. 19, 2011.
If you need a deeper dive, contact us. Socialbrite has put on customized Social Media Bootcamps for a large number of nonprofits and foundations and given workshops at several national nonprofit conferences.
Sites mentioned in the presentation
For pointers to the sites referenced in this presentation, go to:
Social media measurement resources
The following articles and tutorials offer insights into how your organization can use social measurement tools to gauge the success of your social media efforts on your blog, on Facebook and on Twitter. All are written by Socialbrite staff members or partners and all are released under Creative Commons licenses:
- 14 ways to improve your email open rate
- 7 top tools to measure performance & influence on Twitter
- Nonprofits: Are your Facebook fans engaged?
- 10 social tools to put to work for your cause
- 7 tips & a grid for social media measurement
- How to understand Daily Active Users in Facebook Insights
- 14 free tools to measure your social influence
- How to measure your nonprofit’s social media success
- Getting started with social media metrics
- How to measure Facebook Page fan growth and engagement
- Actionable analytics for your social media efforts
- Klout: Measure your Twitter influence
- 3 killer tools to measure your Facebook clout
- How to use Facebook Insights
- 11 stats you need to measure on your Facebook Page
- 6 simple stats you need to measure on Twitter
- 9 critical stats to measure on your blog
- 7 tips for measuring your blog’s success
Additional metrics resources
- Using Metrics To Harvest Insights About Your Social Media Strategy (Beth Kanter)
- Guide to keyword research tools, search marketing, data mining and competitive intelligence tools (Socialmedia.biz)
- Launching a new site: 18 steps to successful metrics & marketing (Socialmedia.biz)
- 10 ways to measure social media for business (Socialmedia.biz)
8 handouts to share with your team
The following handouts are released under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial license — you’re free to republish, remix or redistribute them on your site (but cannot charge for them, of course). Please download and share these one-page PDFs with your teams and colleagues!
• 10 free metrics tools for actionable analytics (also at bit.ly/metricstools)
• 10 social media monitoring tools (also at bit.ly/10monitoring)
• 10 collaboration tools for your organization (also at bit.ly/teamcollab)
• 12 social action hubs (also at bit.ly/12socialhubs)
• 10 mobile apps for good (also at bit.ly/10mobileapps)
• 12 steps to a successful campaign
• 45 hashtags for social change (also at bit.ly/45hashtags)
• 15 best practices for the Social Web (also at bit.ly/15bestpractices)
Other key resources & guides
Have a question? Contact Socialbrite!JD Lasica works with nonprofits, social change organizations and businesses on social media strategies. See his profile, visit his business blog, contact JD or follow him on Twitter or Google Plus.